First Posted: 2/6/2013
Converge Gallery (140 West Fourth St., Williamsport, 570.447.5778, convergegallery.com)
Gallery hours: Wed.-Fri. 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Sat. 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Night of Spoken Word: Feb. 8, 7-9 p.m.
Dietrich Theater (60 E. Tioga St., Tunkhannock: 570.996.1500)
• Book Discussions, 7 p.m., Tunkhannock Public Library: Literary Analysis: Plot, Setting, Characterization, Imagery, Symbolism, Tone (of the novel): Feb. 6. The Inevitability of and the Human Response to Change, Feb. 13. Finding Peace in Chaos: Can Culture and Value Survive in a Technological World?, Feb. 20. Escaping our Prisons: Why Ragtime is Significant Today, Feb. 27.
• Wyoming County Reads – Ragtime: Reading of the classic novel Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow with book discussions facilitated by Bill Chapla at the Tunkhannock Public Library. Feb. 6, 13, 20, 27, 7 p.m.
• Open Mic Night: Feb. 22, 7:15 p.m., featuring K.K. Gordon at 8: 15 p.m.
King’s College (133 North River St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.208.5957 or kings.edu)
• Campion Literary Society Open Readings: Feb. 19, 7 p.m., Gold Room, Administration Building. Info: 570.208.5900, ext. 5487.
• Campion Literary Society Writing Workshops: Feb. 8, 3:30 p.m., Sheehy-Farmer Campus Center. Info: 570.208.5900, ext. 5487.
Plymouth Public Library (107 W. Main St., Plymouth, 570.779.4775)
• Adult computer lessons: Daily, call to register.
• Story Time: Mon., 11 a.m. or Wed., 10:30 a.m. Toddlers/preschool children.
AFA Gallery (514 Lackawanna Ave., Scranton: 570.969.1040 or Artistsforart.org)
Gallery hours Thurs.-Sat., 12-5 p.m.
• Towards a Phenomenology of Space by Krista Svalbonas and Artifacts from the Former Black Militant Golf and Country Club by Charles McGill: Opening reception Feb. 1, 6-9 p.m. Through Feb. 23.
ArtWorks Gallery (502 Lackawanna Ave., Scranton. 570.207.1815, artworksnepa.com)
Gallery hours: Tues.-Fri., 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sat., noon-3 p.m., or by appointment.
• Illuminations by Nina Davidowitz: Opening reception Feb. 1, 6-9 p.m., through March 30.
Dietrich Theatre (downtown Tunkhannock, 570.996.1500)
• Relive Ragtime: Feb. 22 at Fourth Friday in Tunkhannock, 6-9 p.m.
• Experience the Art of Calligraphy: Through Feb. Meet the artists reception Feb. 10, 3-4 p.m.
Hazleton Art League (225 E. Broad St., Hazleton, hazletonartleague.org)
• Photography Now: Through Feb. 10.
Misericordia University (301 Lake St., Dallas, 570.674.6286)
Pauly Friedman Art Gallery, Tues.-Thurs., 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Fri., 10 a.m.-5p.m.; Sat.-Sun., 1-5 p.m.
• Norman Rockwell’s 323 Saturday Evening Post Covers: Through Feb. 28.
Pocono Arts Council (18 N. Seventh St., Stroudsburg. 570.476.4460. www.poconoarts.org)
• Altered State: Photography Based Images: ARTSPACE Gallery, 18 N. Seventh St. Through Feb.
Sordoni Art Gallery (150 S. River St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.408.4325)
Gallery hours: Tues.-Sun., noon-4:30 p.m.
• Flow, a gallery that explores the many meanings associated with water through a selection of twenty-nine works drawn from the collection of the Sheldon Museum of Art at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Schulman Gallery (2nd floor of LCCC Campus Center, 1333 S. Prospect St., Nanticoke, www.luzerne.edu/schulmangallery, 570.740.0727)
Gallery hours: Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Drawing on our Faith: Through Feb. 22. Gallery talk, 7 p.m. Features artwork by members of the En Plein Air Society.
Widmann Gallery (Located in King’s College’s Sheehy-Farmer Campus Center between North Franklin and North Main Streets, Wilkes-Barre, 570.208.5900, ext. 5328)
Gallery hours: Mon. through Fri. 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Sat. and Sun. as arranged. Free and open to the public.
• Redesigning Reality: Art exhibition by Ryan Frania, a junior at Wyoming Seminary College Preparatory School. Through Feb. 15.
Expanded listings at theweekender.com.
Send your listings to WBWnews@civitasmedia.com, 90 E. Market St., Wilkes-Barre, Pa., 18703, or fax to 570.831.7375. Deadline is Mondays at 2 p.m. Print listings occur up until three weeks from publication date. Expanded listings at theweekender.com.