2&4 Hand Drumming Circle
First Posted: 1/2/2013
2&4 Hand Drumming Circle
Freestyle drum circle, every second/fourth Sat., any time between 1-4 p.m., Everything Natural (426 S. State St., Clarks Summit). All ages, newcomers, old timers welcome. Hand drums, percussion provided. Free, no pressure.
Absolute Pilates with Leslie (263 Carbondale Rd., Clarks Summit, www.pilateswithleslie.com)
• Mon., Wed., Fri., 9-10 a.m. Private training on Cadillac, Reformer and Wunda Chair, along with Pilates mat classes, stability ball core classes, more. Check website for updates.
• Mon., Wed.: Nia Technique, 5:30 p.m.
American Wicca & The Garb Wench (americanwicca.org)
• Tarot Readings by High Priest Thane Amdor: By appointment Tues., Thurs., Sat. Bring friend, get free reading. To schedule, call 570.793.4095
Arts YOUniverse (47 N. Franklin St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.970.2787, www.artsyouniverse.com)
Studio J, 2nd floor
• Meditation in tradition of Gurdjieff, Ospensky: Sun., 12-1 p.m., $5
• Children’s Meditation: Thurs., 6-7 p.m. Ages 9-14, $5
• Tarot Card Readings, by appointment. $20 first half hour, $10 additional half hours.
Awakenings Yoga (570.472.3272)
• Private Yoga Instruction w/ certified senior Instructor of Himalayan Institute. 24 years experience. Learn secrets of Himalayan Masters. Lessons include asana, pranayama, meditation, relaxation, ayruveda, holistic nutrition, tantra. $75/session
Balance Ultimate Fitness (Belladaro Prof Bldg, 570.862.2840)
• Early Morning Fitness Bootcamp: Tues./Thurs., 6:30 a.m.-7:30 a.m., Sat, 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m., $15 or 12 classes for $150.
Balance Yoga and Wellness (900 Rutter Ave., 2nd floor, Forty Fort 570.714.2777, balanceyogastudio.net, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Pole Fitness: Fri., 5:30 p.m. (beginner); 7 p.m. (intermediate). Sat., 1:30 p.m. (all levels); 3:15 p.m. (advanced).
All workshops $15, pre-registration suggested.
• Sun. Class: 10-11:15 a.m. Features Alternating Vinyasa style yoga w/ yoga fusion.
Club Fit (1 West Broad St., Hazleton, 570.497.4700, www.clubfithazleton.com)
• Boxing classes w/ Rich Pastorella (pastorella.net26.net). Mon., 7-8 p.m. $40/month.
Goddess Creations Shop & Gallery (214 Depot St., Clarks Summit, 570.575.8649, email@example.com)
• Tarot Card Readings by appointment. Call.
• Tarot Readings: Thurs., 6-9:30 p.m. at Montrose Inn, Restaurant & Tavern (26 S. Main St., Montrose). $25 for 15-20 min.
• Monthly astrology workshop with Holly Avila: first Sun., $45. Call.
Goshin Jitsu Martial Arts Classes Every month at Golightley’s Martial Arts (Mark Plaza Shopping Center, Rt. 11, Edwardsville). Focus on cardio, stretching, defense, stamina, more. Self defense, cardio, karate aerobics also available. $75/month. Call 570.814.3293 for info.
Haifa Belly Dance (Haifabellydance.com, 570.836.7399)
• Mon., 5:15 p.m., Serenity Wellness & Dance Center (135 Main St., Luzerne)
• Wed., 6 p.m., Holistic Health Center (Route 6, Tunkhannock)
Harris Conservatory for the Arts (545 Charles St. Luzerne, 718.0673)
• Cardio Kickboxing: Wed., 7-8 p.m.; Sat., 9-10 a.m. $5/class. Call for info.
• Hoop Fitness Techniques: Mon., 7:30-8:30 p.m. $5/class. Call for info.
Hoop Fitness Classes (whirligighoopers.com)
• Beginner/Intermediate: Mon., 7:30 p.m., Harris Conservatory (545 Charles St., Luzerne). $5. Call 718.0673 to reserve.
• Beginner/Intermediate: Thurs., 5:30 p.m., Studio 32 (32 Forrest St., Wilkes-Barre) $5.
• Meditation Technique Workshops: Wed., 6:30 p.m. $15/session. Goal setting/stress reduction, more. Call for info/reservation.
Jeet Kune Do Fighting Concepts Teaches theories of movement in Martial Arts. $100/month. Call instructor Mike DiMeglio for info, 570.371.8898.
Jim Thorpe Arts in Motion (434 Center St., Jim Thorpe, 570.483.8640, jtartsinmotion.com)
• Friday Night Drop-in Class for Chair Yoga, Guided Meditation, Spirit Connections: $8/class, $15/all three. Elemental Alchemist AnneMarie Balog, Level II Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga instructor. Private/group meditation sessions, reiki treatments, classes, yoga, tarot readings/parties, divination consultations. Contact 881.2399, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kwon Kodo Lessons: Learn self-defense system that combines Korean Martial Arts such as Hapkido, Taekwondo & Kuk Sool. Lessons held at Hapkido Taekwondo Institute (150 Welles St., Forty Fort). $40/month. For info, call 570.287.4290 or visit htkdi.com.
Leverage Fitness Studio (900 Rutter Ave., Forty Fort, 570.338.2386, leveragetrainingstudio.com)
Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 6 a.m.-9 p.m., Fri. 6 a.m.-7 p.m., Sat. 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Sun. 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Fusion Flexibility: Sun. 9-10 a.m.
• Wake-Up Workout: Mon., Wed., Fri. 7-7:45 a.m.
• Executive Workout: Mon., Wed. 12:15-12:45 p.m.
• Sexy to the Core: Wed. 5:30 p.m.
• Primal Scream: Tues., Thurs. 7-8 p.m.
• Inferno: Sat. 10 a.m.
All classes free to members, $10 non-members.
Meditation/Yoga classes at Spectrum Health & Racquet Club (151 Terrace Dr., Eynon). Meditation: Fri., 7-8 p.m. Yoga: Sat., 9:45-10:45 a.m. $5 each class, bring mat. Call 570.383.3223 for info.
Melt Hot Yoga (#16 Gateway Shopping Center, Edwardsville, 570.287.3400, melthotyogastudio.com)
• Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m., 5:30 p.m. (90 minutes)
• Tues., Thurs., 4 p.m. (one hour)
• Sat., Sun., 9 a.m., 3 p.m. (90 minutes)
NEPA Holistic Chamber of Commerce
• One year anniversary celebration: Dec. 18, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Perkins Restaurant, 600 Pocono Summit Roa, Mt. Pocono. RSVP: 570.350.6129.
New Visions Studio & Gallery (201 Vine Street, Scranton, 570.878.3970, email@example.com, newvisionsstudio.com)
• Vinyasa Yoga Classes with Sarah Yzkanin: Sundays, 2-3 p.m. All levels welcome. $6. Call 570.575.8789 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
NutriFitness Boot Camp (311 Market St., Kingston, 570.288.2409)
• Free week of Boot Camp for new members: Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
• Wirred: Mon., Wed., 6:45 p.m., Sat., 10 a.m. $5.
• Yoga: Thurs. 7 p.m. $10.
• Tang Soo Do Karate Classes: Mon., Wed., 6:45 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m. Call to register.
Odyssey Fitness (401 Coal St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.829.2661, odysseyfitnesscenter.com)
• Yoga Classes: Sun., 12:30 p.m.; Mon., 7:15 a.m.; Tues., 7 a.m., 5 p.m.; Wed., 8 a.m., 6:30 p.m.; Thurs., 6:30 p.m.; Sat., 10:30 a.m. All levels welcome.
• ZumbAtomic: Lil Starz, ages 4-7: 5:30 p.m.; Big Starz, ages 8-12: 6:15 p.m.
Open Your Eyes To Dream (143 W. Main St., Bloomsburg, 570.239.7520, www.oyetd.com)
Open-Eyed Yoga. Call 394.2251 or go online for current updates/cancellations. E-mail: email@example.com
• Beginner Vinyasa: Mon., 5:30-6:30 p.m.
• Level II Vinyasa: Mon., 7-8:30 p.m.
• Mixed Level Vinyasa: Tues., 9-10:30 a.m., Wed., 6:30-7:45 p.m.
Mats & props available. Student/package discounts available. Bring friend to first class, get two for price of one.
Prana Yoga Studio (960 Prescott Ave., Dunmore, www.pranayogadunmore.com) Classes taught in vinyasa flow, geared for all levels
• Mon.: Advanced, 6 p.m.; tai chi with Blake Wheeler 7:30-8:45 p.m., Thurs., 8:45-10 p.m., $45/month, on class/week, $65/month, two classes/week. Contact Blake at 434.989.1045 or firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
• Tues.: Beginner, 10 a.m.; Open Level, noon; Beg./Intermediate, 5:30 p.m.; Intermediate, 7:30 p.m.
• Wed.: Beginner, 5:30 p.m.; Advanced 7:30 p.m.
• Thurs.: Open Level, 10 a.m.; Beg./Intermediate, 5:30 p.m.; Intermediate, 7:30 p.m.
• Fri.: Open Level, 10 a.m.; Advanced, 6 p.m.
• Sat.: Beg./Intermediate, 10 a.m.; Intermediate, noon.
• Sun.: Intermediate, noon; Candle-lit Open Level, 6 p.m.
• Sandstorm Fitness with Rachel Kali Dare: Wed. 4-5 p.m. Learn various techniques and shed pounds. Call 570.677.7067 or email email@example.com for info.
The Self Discovery and Wellness Arts Center (200 Lake Ave., Montrose, 570.278.9256 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, wellnessarts.com)
• Monthly World Peace Meditation and Reiki Circle: First Tuesday of every month, 5-7 p.m. $10.
Sheri Pilates Studio (703 Market St., Kingston, 570.331.0531)
• Beginner mat class: Tues., 5 p.m. $50/10 classes.
• Equipment classes on reformer and tower: $150/10 classes.
• Private training available on reformer, cadillac, stability chair, ladder barrel, cardiolates on rebounder.
Call studio for additional mat class/equipment class schedule, all classes taught by certified instructors.
– compiled by Sara Pokorny, Weekender Staff Writer. Send your listings to WBWnews@civitasmedia.com, 90 E. Market St., Wilkes-Barre, Pa., 18703, or fax to 570.831.7375. Deadline is Mondays at 2 p.m. Expanded listings at theweekender.com.