Tap this: Make your own pumpkin keg
First Posted: 10/14/2014
Halloween is fast approaching and many bars, restaurants, and homeowners will be celebrating in style. This year while unveiling your delicious Halloween treats and costumes why not really wow the crowd with your very own homemade pumpkin keg.
This is a very easy project to complete and if you can carve a pumpkin, then you already have enough skills to get the job done.
Here is what you will need:
1 Medium Pumpkin
1 Large Carving Knife
1 Small Carving Knife
A six pack of your favorite pumpkin beer (or simply pour in from the draft setup)
Follow these steps:
1. Put all of your items together on the table.
2. Draw a guideline circle (3 in. radius) with a marker around the top of the pumpkin. Cut around the circle with a large carving knife at an angle.
3. Carve out the insides of the pumpkin with your spoon ensuring that ALL of the pumpkin guts are removed.
4. Cut a hole that is slightly smaller than the spigot on the bottom half of the pumpkin and insert the spigot.
5. Add your favorite beer (at least a six pack) to your pumpkin keg. Prop the pumpkin keg on top of an open bucket for pouring. Open the spigot and enjoy.
The pumpkin keg deserves to be filled with your favorite pumpkin beer. Some great choices for filling your keg are: Sam Adams- Fat Jack; Weyerbacher- Imperial Pumpkin; Stegmaier- Pumpkin Ale, 21st Amendment- He Said Baltic Porter; or Southern Tier- Pumking.
Whatever you decide to fill your keg with it is a functional decoration that will surely impress all of your guests! Enjoy yourself this Halloween season.