20 Questions with Dustin Douglas
First Posted: 4/23/2015
Dustin Douglas and The Electric Gentlemen have at The River Street Jazz Cafe in Plains — and they’d love for you to check it out at 10 p.m. on Saturday, April 25. The show is set to feature local pop duo Kohn as their opening act. Admission is $8.
Weekender caught up with the band’s frontman before the show to play a little game called 20 Questions:
1. Who is Dustin Douglas? A guitarist, singer and songwriter.
2. Who are The Electric Gentlemen? The Electric Gentlemen are Matt ‘The Dane” Gabriel on Bass, Tommy Smallcomb on drums and John Novak on guitar.
3. How old were you when you lost your virginity? Still waiting……..
4. What are your thoughts on Nutella? Heard it’s good. Peanut Butter man myself.
5. What is your favorite shot? Whiskey, Jack Daniels to be exact
6. Who is your favorite ‘Golden Girl’? Betty White of course. Bea Arthur, close second.
7. Who has a sexier accent – Sofia Vergara or Queen Elizabeth? The Queen. I love British accents.
8. What size shoe do you wear? 11.5
9. Do you have a pre-show ritual? Usually listen to some Jack White or Rage Against the Machine while nervously coughing.
10. Which member of Kohn (your opening act) would win an arm wrestling match? Probably their manager Mark Rice.
11. Could you ever date a girl who thinks “Frasier” is a funny TV show? Oh yeah, love Frasier.
12. Violinist Nyke Van Wyk will also perform at your show. Can you describe his talent in three movie titles? “The Terminator,” “Phenomenon” and “BIG.”
13. Do you think Hillary Clinton hates puppies? Ummm…
14. What is your favorite song lyric? Never trust a woman who loves the blues…
15. How can people listen to your music before your show? Our latest record “Black Skies and Starlight” can be found on iTunes and Spotify. Also, check out dustindouglasmusic.com for music, videos and upcoming shows.
16. What was the last locally owned restaurant you ate at? Katana
17. What is the best advice you ever received from a friend? No matter how hard it may get, just NEVER, EVER stop.
18. When was the last time you cried? When I watched “Benjamin Button.”
19. When was the last time you laughed? Just now thinking about how “Benjamin Button” made me cry!
20. On a scale from 1-10, how excited are you for the “Full House” reboot? Twenty! My life has a scary parallel to Uncle Jesse’s.